This policy sets out how we collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
We comply with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when dealing with personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
Changes to this policy
This policy is subject to change at anytime. Changes will apply from the date that the revised policy is uploaded.
Where do we collect your information
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products
- third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available. If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
How we use the data we collect
We will use your personal information:
- to verify your identity
- to provide services and products for you
- to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email)
- to improve the services and products that we provide to you
- to invoice you and to collect money that you owe us
- to respond to communications from you, including complaints
- to conduct our own research and statistical analysis (you will remain anonymous)
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
Disclosing your information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide a website or any other related services and products
- other third parties for statistical purposes (you will remain anonymous)
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorised by you.
Note: Some businesses that support the services and products we provide may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside of New Zealand. (e.g. Mailchimp, where you information will be stored on US servers)
Protecting your information
We take privacy seriously, and will take all reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or any other misuse.
Accessing and correcting your information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request any corrections to be made to your personal information.
Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction.
If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
Policy last updated: 25 May 2017